How do I transfer my website to your shared hosting?
Here are the main steps: make a backup of your website, make a dump of your database, copy all of your files to our hosting, create and import databases, edit configuration files, check everything with service domain name *.sherlockhost.com, change DNS servers for your domains to ns1.sherlockhost.co.uk, ns2.sherlockhost.co.uk
Here are the details:
First, request that your current hosting provider backs up your website content or do it yourself through control panel. If you have a database, make a dump of it at phpmyadmin or in shell using mysqldump program.
- Download the backup and dump to your computer.
- Upload the backup and dump to our hosting. Please be aware that your upload speed could be slow, but there is an option for a large amount of data - use the SCP command at your old hosting to copy content from your old server to ours.
- If you have a database create it at cPanel, create a user; add the user to the database.
- Change your website configuration files because now you have a new database name and username. Usually it is stored at configuration.php
- Check access to files, it should be 644, and on folders 755.
- Check your website at domain.com.sherlockhost.com where domain.com is your domain name.
- Change your DNS servers to ns1.sherlockhost.co.uk, ns2.sherlockhost.co.uk
- Wait for a DNS information update in 8-48 hours.
Was this answer helpful?
For each shared hosting account a service URL is created, it is mentioned in welcome email, it...
Simultaneous file uploads are not possible with cPanel, consequently, archive upload is the...
First make sure that you have created the database correctly, added user to it and granted all...
Go to cPanel - "Databases" - "MySQL Databases". Type in user name at "MySQL Users" - "Add New...
To create a database go to cPanel - "Databases" - "MySQL Databases". Type in database name at...