How do I transfer my website to your shared hosting?
Here are the main steps: make a backup of your website, make a dump of your database, copy all of your files to our hosting, create and import databases, edit configuration files, check everything with service domain name *.sherlockhost.com, change DNS servers for your domains to ns1.sherlockhost.co.uk, ns2.sherlockhost.co.uk
Here are the details:
First, request that your current hosting provider backs up your website content or do it yourself through control panel. If you have a database, make a dump of it at phpmyadmin or in shell using mysqldump program.
- Download the backup and dump to your computer.
- Upload the backup and dump to our hosting. Please be aware that your upload speed could be slow, but there is an option for a large amount of data - use the SCP command at your old hosting to copy content from your old server to ours.
- If you have a database create it at cPanel, create a user; add the user to the database.
- Change your website configuration files because now you have a new database name and username. Usually it is stored at configuration.php
- Check access to files, it should be 644, and on folders 755.
- Check your website at domain.com.sherlockhost.com where domain.com is your domain name.
- Change your DNS servers to ns1.sherlockhost.co.uk, ns2.sherlockhost.co.uk
- Wait for a DNS information update in 8-48 hours.
Was this answer helpful?
Simultaneous file uploads are not possible with cPanel, consequently, archive upload is the...
To create a database go to cPanel - "Databases" - "MySQL Databases". Type in database name at...
Sure we can. If you buy any hosting plan for 1 year we will transfer your website for free....
Go to cPanel - "Databases" - "MySQL Databases". Type in user name at "MySQL Users" - "Add New...
For each shared hosting account a service URL is created, it is mentioned in welcome email, it...